Saturday 5 August 2017

Lush Bath Bombs I

In our move from Perth to Bunbury, one of the things that I was really excited to have in our new rental was a bath! I have not lived in a house with a bath since I was still living at home during school, so I have relished the opportunity to relax and have a bath after a stressful day. This has also meant that I have been able to further indulge my love of Lush and finally experience their famous bath bombs and bubble bars. This is the first wrap up (of many) of the bath bombs I have used lately and features a few bath bombs from the 2017 Valentine's Day range.

Cupid Bath Bomb



Cupid features lime oil, bergamot oil, violet leaf absolute, and fresh raspberry juice. It turns the water the palest, pastel pink colour and has a really delicate, sweet scent. The raspberry is probably the strongest scent and the combination with the lime made this feel almost summery and fruity. I can't say that this is my favourite bath bomb I have tried - it is very simple and sweet and did not feel overly indulgent. If I am going to spend half an hour plus in the bath, I personally want it to be a richer experience. No real bath art to speak of from this one either.

Lovestruck Bubble Bar




Lovestruck contains lime oil, geranium oil, and petitgrain oil. It turns the bath a rather unsettling bright yellow but does produce a lot of bubbles! I used the whole bar in my bath but probably could have only used half and had the same experience (noted for next time), even though it is on the smaller side of Lush bubble bars. This was overwhelmingly citrusy and sweet, a very bright and happy bath. The bar did give the water a slippery feel and was moisturising on the skin. Bonus points for the super cute emoji shape!

Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb




Rose Bombshell features sea salt, yellow rose petals, rose absolute, geranium oil, rose oil, and lemon oil. The bath water starts out with a neon pink tinge but ends dark pink, almost red, with dried rose petals floating on top. It has a very strong floral, jammy scent which lingers on the skin for a good time after the bath, making this bath bomb feel very indulgent. I really enjoyed relaxing with this one and it left my skin feeling nicely moisturised. Something about the rose scent made this feel really romantic, very fitting for a Valentine's Day product, although I didn't really love trying to clean up the leftover rose petals.

What is your favourite Lush bath product?

No comments:

Post a Comment